Adapt It version 6.8.2 launch 11 April 2017
Function modifications and new options in 6.8.2
This release options some essential enhancements and bug fixes in relation to Adapt It collaboration with Paratext/Bibledit.
- When you beforehand set up an Adapt It challenge to collaborate with Paratext 7, AND have upgraded from Paratext 7 to Paratext eight, AND you’ve gotten migrated the tasks used in collaboration from Paratext 7 to Paratext eight, AND you uninstalled Paratext 7 after migrating the tasks to Paratext eight, Adapt It will mechanically transition your collaboration settings for the challenge to make use of Paratext eight without further setup.
- If each Paratext 7 and Paratext 8 are still put in on the computer, Adapt It gained’t know for positive whenever you intend to truly collaborate with the identical tasks in Paratext 8 even after you could have migrated those tasks to Paratext eight. In such instances. Adapt It now has a simple (1-click) method for customers to proceed collaborating with Paratext after migrating their Paratext collaboration tasks from Paratext 7 to Paratext eight. When Adapt It opens a collaboration undertaking, Adapt It now detects whether the Paratext tasks involved in collaboration have been successfully migrated to Paratext eight, and if both Paratext 7 and eight are nonetheless installed, presents the consumer with a dialog that permits the consumer to verify the steered change from utilizing the previous Paratext 7 tasks, to utilizing the newly migrated Paratext 8 tasks – without the administrator having to redo the collaboration setup inside Adapt It. The dialog additionally permits the consumer to override the change to collaborating with Paratext eight and remain collaborating with the previous Paratext 7 knowledge if, for some cause, that is the preferred (however not beneficial) selection.
- Adapt It makes use of the Git program to save lots of snapshots of its adaptation documents, and to manage the doc historical past. For Windows and Linux, usually Git is put in at the time Adapt It is first put in by downloading Git from the Web. Downloading Git, nevertheless, requires a minimum of 36MB of obtain knowledge along with the Adapt It installer, so it might be desirable to obtain the Git installer simply as soon as (protecting a replica on a thumb drive), and have the ability to easily install it from the local copy of the installer fairly than all the time downloading Git afresh for every new Adapt It installation. Also a guide set up of Git has been a source of confusion because of the Git installer’s myriad of choices. Adapt It’s installer and the put in program itself now have some new features that make it simpler to put in Git in response to the needs of a specific state of affairs. Now three choices are provided that may make Git installation extra versatile and make less use of Web connection time/knowledge:
1) Do not try to install Git right now.
I’ll use Adapt It with out Git, or I will install Git later.
2) Obtain and install Git from the Internet.
This feature requires entry to the Web and can obtain about 36MG of knowledge.
A replica of the Git installer is saved to the Adapt It set up directory.
three) Browse this pc to find a Git installer
This feature installs Git utilizing a previously downloaded Git installer. Git
may be installed this manner without accessing the Internet
The above 3 choices are now provided from within Adapt It’s installer and by menu choice from inside the Adapt It program. When the second choice is chosen from inside Adapt It’s installer, Git will first be downloaded and then each Git and Adapt It can be put in through the operating of the Adapt It installer – just like what has been the one choice prior to now. When the third choice is chosen from within Adapt It’s installer, the administrator/consumer can browse from a file dialog to an present Git installer on the native machine or a thumb drive. The installer will routinely install and configure Git without additional consumer interplay till each Git and Adapt It are put in with the appropriate choices.
- Inside the Adapt It program the above three Git installation choices are accessible from a brand new Tools menu item referred to as “Install the Git program…”. This new menu item makes it potential to obtain, install, and have Adapt It auto-configure the Git program all from inside Adapt It, without having to wade by way of all the Git installer’s wizard pages and ponder whether all of the default Git choices are set correctly. Additionally, the identical 3 choices are introduced to the consumer if Git was not put in, and the consumer tries to execute one of many document historical past menu gadgets situated on Adapt It’s File menu.
- When the Adapt It installer wants to install Git, it makes a replica of the downloaded Git installer and saves it inside the Adapt It set up folder (c:Program Information (x86)Adapt It WX Unicode). It is the standard Git installer which known as: Git-2.12.1-32-bit.exe. Adapt It’s installer can internally execute this installer with the options wanted for Adapt It, and it may also be used to manually set up Git, however for manually installations of Git, it is strongly recommended that you simply use the brand new Git downloader described within the next point under as an alternative.
- Every Home windows Adapt It installation now supplies a small (748kb) installation program referred to as Git_Downloader_2_12_1_4AI.exe that can also be positioned within the Adapt It set up folder. This installer can be utilized to obtain the Git program from the Web on demand and set up Git on any Home windows pc. If an administrator or consumer opts to install Git aside from operating the traditional Adapt It installer, this stand-alone installer is advisable (and is what Adapt It will use of putting in Git from the Instruments menu).
- The version of Git that Adapt It now downloads is Git version 2.12.1.
Bug fixes in 6.8.2
- In case you have switched to utilizing Paratext eight, ensure you have upgraded Paratext 8 to the newest version and have applied all updates. Some earlier versions of Paratext eight didn’t have a rdwrtp7.exe.config file or a rdwrtp8.exe.config file which resulted in collaboration failure and an error message that stated, “rdwrtp7 has stopped working”. When you see that error message when making an attempt to collaborate with Paratext 8, your Paratext eight installation is lacking a Paratext 8 update that installs that small xml rdwrtp7.exe.config or rdwrtp8.exe.config file. The preferred option to get the suitable xml config file is by way of Paratext update. In a bind, either file might be downloaded from this Adapt It web site at:
- Fastened the Assist menu’s “Report a Problem” and “Give Feedback” safe e mail perform. That perform was rendered inoperative on account of a change of the certification authority on the adapt-it.org server. The certificate needed to be modified after the adapt-it.org web site received hacked. The web site was restored and it now makes use of a unique certificates of authority that’s now additionally updated in Adapt It’s installer in order that Adapt It can again use it to ship secure e mail reviews from inside Adapt It.
- Fastened a collaboration setup bug that required the administrator to pick a (probably unwanted) free translation undertaking from Paratext or Bibledit earlier than the Setup Or Remove Collaboration dialog would settle for/save the collaboration setup. Only two Paratext/Bibledit tasks are required to save lots of a collaboration setup inside Adapt It:
1) a Paratext/Bibledit venture that Adapt It can use to fetch its supply texts, and
2) a second Paratext/Bibledit challenge that Adapt It can use to store goal text (translations/variations) as they generated from inside Adapt It.
The supply text challenge would usually be an excellent quality translation that Adapt It makes use of in a collaboration undertaking to fetch its supply textual content from. The target text challenge would usually start as an empty Paratext/Bibledit challenge (containing empty chapter and verse markers) that is used to retailer the translations/variations produced by Adapt It within the collaboration venture.
- Fastened a bug that might trigger an error message when making an attempt to pick Paratext 7 inside the Setup Or Remove Collaboration dialog, preventing a successful collaboration setup for Paratext 7. The error message indicated that Adapt It was making an attempt to use a path to the Paratext 8 tasks folder, despite the fact that ‘Paratext 7’ was chosen within the dialog. This error was potential if the consumer had each Paratext 7 and Paratext eight put in on the pc.
- Fastened a bug that may cause Adapt It to prefix $$ characters to certain Paratext information that include back matter, front matter, and so on. The bug would present itself in an error message at the time the Paratext challenge was selected as a supply textual content collaboration challenge with Adapt It in its Setup Or Take away Collaboration dialog.
- Fastened a bug that may forestall the Adapt It installer from detecting if an administrator had previously put in the Git program on the pc.
- If CC desk modifications are in operation, and the consumer makes a merger, the change table was not applied to the non-first supply textual content words. Now it’s applied.
- If CC modifications have been made to a phrase or phrase and the consumer induced the phrasebox to maneuver ahead with out clicking within the phrasebox or modifying in it, the modifications have been lost and never entered into the information base. Now they don’t seem to be lost and the information base stores an accurate entry.
Windows and Macintosh version 6.8.2 downloads are available at:
Linux version 6.8.2 Debian packages are available in i386 and amd64 architectures for Ubuntu Trusty, Vivid, Wily, Xenial and Yakkety. There are instructions on the right way to configure your Linux system to realize access to the SIL repository at:
Principally you could download and set up the repository’s public key in your machine, and then arrange your Software program Sources with one of many following settings relying on your Linux distribution:
deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu trusty foremost or
deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu vivid important or
deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu wily principal or
deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu xenial principal or
deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu yakkety principal
Word: The Ubuntu Vivid, Wily, and Yakkety distributions only have brief term help from Canonical. The Trusty and Xenial distributions are long term service (LTS) distributions which Canonical will help with bug and safety fixes for five years from their preliminary launch.
Essential Observe: Installing version 6.8.2 will routinely substitute any previously installed Adapt It WX (Unicode) version from 4.zero.0 by means of 6.8.1 (but present undertaking knowledge isn’t touched when installing updates).
Adapt It WX is the open source, cross-platform version of Adapt It that is based mostly on the wxWidgets framework (hence the WX within the identify).
Please direct bug stories or feedback on the brand new version to the Adapt It workforce. On the Adapt It Help menu you’ll be able to simply ship a Drawback Report or a Feedback Report instantly from inside Adapt It (over a secure connection) – see the Assist menu. Should you can’t use the Assist menu’s e mail reporting features, you possibly can send a Drawback Report or Feedback Report to the Adapt It group utilizing the following e mail handle:
Alternately, you possibly can send an e mail to one or more of the following group members by way of their individual e mail addresses:
Invoice Martin – [email protected]
Bruce Waters – [email protected]
Erik Brommers – [email protected]
Graeme Costin – [email protected] (concentrate on MacOSX)
Kevin Bradford – [email protected]
Michael Hore – [email protected]
Bob Buss – [email protected] (give attention to HTML Assist system)
Jonathan Marsden – [email protected]